The main objective of the ADORE project is to educate university teaching and training staff working in the field of communication on accessible content publishing and how to provide a more inclusive teaching experience for all students.
The specific objectives for the ADORE project include:
- to analyse the current situation and bridge the gaps with regards to accessibility training needs of university staff in the field of communication.
- to identify the issues faced by people with disabilities, immigrants and older adults when accessing content on the internet.
- to identify higher education courses and programmes related to the field of communication where there is an opportunity for accessibility to be included in the curricula.
- to improve the accessibility knowledge of university teachers and trainers in the field of communication.
- to prepare students of higher education courses in communication for the demands of the labour market.
- to increase the uptake of accessibility in the higher education communication curricula in European universities.