CPACC Certification - Preparatory training course
A broad foundational certification aimed at those who manage and support accessibility. The Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC) is issued by the International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP). Funka's course prepares you for the exam.
Overview of the course
The IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC) credential is IAAP's foundational certification. To become certified, you must pass the IAAP examination. Funka's preparatory course provides you with the knowledge required to succeed in the exam. The course consists of three parts: a pace-yourself introduction followed by teacher-led online training over two afternoons.
There are several good reasons to choose a preparatory course from Funka before you attempt the exam:
- Funka is proud to be one of only three select IAAP Approved Certification Preparation Providers globally
- The course has been developed by Funka's experts based on the IAAP requirements.
- Funka's experts convey in an inspiring and clear way what you need to know in order to pass the exam.
- Funka's pedagogical model. The combination of a pace-yourself introduction and live teacher-led sessions provides quick access to the course and means that you gradually build up and reinforce your skills set.
The CPACC is the ideal credential for those who manage and support accessibility, but who may not personally design, implement, or evaluate the technical details of accessible solutions.
Relevant domains for the CPACC credential include the web and other digital technologies, architecture and the built environment, consumer and industrial design, transportation systems, and any domain in which thoughtful design, policy, and management can improve disability access.
Any individual who passes both the CPACC and the Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) exams will receive the designation of Certified Professional in Web Accessibility (CPWA).
The International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP) is a member-based international organisation for accessibility professionals. IAAP's purpose is to define, promote and improve the profession of accessibility professionals globally through networking, education and certification.
An IAAP certification provides benefits for organisations as well as individuals:
- a prestigious international qualification that is valid globally.
- a competitive advantage for your organisation; in tenders, contracts and projects.
- proof of solid knowledge in one or more areas of accessibility.
- enhances your professional development and strengthens your CV.
- contributes to the development of the profession.
The course provides broad, cross-disciplinary conceptual knowledge about:
- accessibility and universal design.
- accessibility-related standards, laws, and management strategies.
How is the course delivered?
The Funka CPACC certification preparation course consists of three parts, a pre-recorded pace-yourself introduction and two instructor-led live sessions conducted online.
- Part 1: Pace-yourself introduction (1 hour and 39 minutes, 13 chapters), available upon registration.
- Part 2: Live session, delivered online, 13:00-16:00 GMT+02:00.
- Part 3: Live session, delivered online, 13:00-16:00 GMT+02:00.
An Independent study is also required. You will receive clear study instructions in the study materials and directly from Funka’s experts. The amount of time needed for self-study depends on your existing knowledge and experience of accessibility work.
Language of instruction
The course is conducted in English.
More information about IAAP and CPACC
IAAP is the principal of the certification. For registration for the exam, choice of exam venue, information on exam periods and exam fees, see links to IAAP below.
Funka's terms and conditions
On-demand + Live: CPACC Certification - Preparatory training course
Part 1: Self-paced pre-recorded introduction. Part 2: Oct 13 at 13:00-16:00 GMT+2 instructor-led training online via Zoom. Part 3: Oct 17 at 13:00-16:00 GMT+2 instructor-led training online via Zoom.
Price: 990 EUR per person