EU policy and accessibility requirements
Do you work with communications or information, documents, external webs, intranets or apps within the public sector? Or do you deliver services, development, form, UX, content or other web-based products and services within the public sector? You need to understand what the Web Accessibility Directive entails. Choose the self-paced on-demand foundation course and add the full day live session for in-depth knowledge and discussion.
This course is intended for anyone who manages, orders, specifies, purchases, develops, procuress, publishes, designs, manages projects in, writes or otherwise works with websites, intranets or apps within the public sector. All roles are affected by more stringent requirements on accessibility.
To get the most out of the course, you should have basic prior knowledge of accessibility, either through our course Introduction to accessibility, or acquired in another way, for example through practical work. However, this is not a requirement for the content of this course.
About the course
The Web Accessibility Directive covers the entire public sector and certain state and municipal companies. The Directive means that websites, extranets, intranets, documents and apps must meet the accessibility requirements in European standard EN301549. Additionally, any party covered by the Directive must declare their accessibility status, offer users the possibility of submitting feedback, information on alternative means of accessing the information, and link to a service for any complaints.
The course contains the following main elements:
- What interfaces are covered by the directive
- What is required of me as a website owner in terms of declaring accessibility status
- How inspection will take place and how often
- What deadlines apply for what
- In what cases I can claim unreasonable burden
- What requirements are set on alternative formats and documents
- The harmonised EN standard (and WCAG 2.1), new developments
- How to use the EN standard to set requirements and check deliverables
How is the course delivered?
The course consists of two parts; a recorded course followed by a teacher-led one-day live session.
Self-paced course on-demand
Funka Academy's recorded course is for those who want broad basic knowledge in accessibility close at hand. You get a basic overview but also the opportunity to focus on selected areas that you have a particular need for.
You can access the course on-demand when it suits you. The course is divided into chapters - take one or more at a time. You can also use the course as a knowledge bank; the search function makes it easy to find what you need.
- Access to the course on-demand on Funka Academy's learning portal for 6 months.
- 24 minutes of recorded material divided into 5 chapters.
- Guides, manuals and checklists.
Add a Live one-day session
Do you want to further improve your theoretical and practical skills? Maybe you have, or are about to enter, a role where deeper knowledge of accessibility is necessary? Or do you simply believe that you learn best and most from teacher-led training?
For you, we offer a complementary one-day session as an extension and continuation of the recorded basic course.
The course day consists of a live lecture and a workshop. The lecture provides broadened and deepened competence. The workshop includes application, discussion and practical exercises.
- Live teacher-led one-day session 09:00 - 16:00.
- Funka's subject matter experts lead the sessions.
- The course is given live on site in Stockholm and online, the participant has the opportunity to choose how they want to attend.
After the course
After completing the course, you will receive a digital Funka Course Certificate showing that you have participated and the scope and content of the course.
You have continued access to the on-demand course material and knowledge bank for 6 months from the date of order.
Terms and conditions when buying a course from Funka
On-demand: EU policy and accessibility requirements
Self-paced course that you can access the same day as registration. You have unlimited personal access to the course for 6 months from the date of registration.
Price: 240 EUR